NEARLY 50 MILLION AMERICANS SUFFER FROM HEARING LOSS
Call today for your complimentary hearing evaluation: 352.622.5183
Much like age-related changes in your eyesight, the ability to hear a full range of sound can diminish so gradually over the years that it's hard to notice. Hearing loss, which usually begins after age 35, is progressive and degenerative. By age 65, one out of three adults will experience hearing loss. This can contribute to increased isolation, anxiety and depression. Additionally, there is a link between untreated hearing loss and the development of dementia and Alzheimer's disease.
Why is my eye doctor concerned about my hearing?
Hearing and vision are the two most important senses. Similar to how smell affects taste, hearing and sight are deeply intertwined. It is proven that Inner ear problems can affect how we see, and people with vision problems such as macular degeneration need to depend on their hearing even more. Hearing and vision loss are known to both begin to deteriorate around the same age. At Ocala Eye, we can evaluate these two senses and provide treatment options all in one location.
Ocala Eye Hearing Services are a benefit exclusively for our patients. Patients have repeatedly asked their Ocala Eye doctor where to go for an honest assessment of their hearing, with many indicating they would be more comfortable if Ocala Eye offered a hearing program. Now your choice for complete eye care can also meet your hearing health needs with the latest automated screening equipment and the highest quality digital hearing aids.
According to the Mayo Clinic, signs and symptoms of hearing loss may include:
• Muffling of speech and other sounds
• Difficulty understanding words, especially against background noise or in a crowd
• Trouble hearing consonants
• Frequently asking others to speak more slowly, clearly and loudly
• Needing to turn up the volume of the television or radio
• Withdrawal from conversations
• Avoidance of some social settings
Our Hearing Specialist
Kate Maen is a board-certified Hearing Instrument Specialist with over 16 years of experience. She works closely with your Ocala Eye doctor to assess your hearing abilities and offer solutions that are unique to each patient. With expertise in performing hearing evaluations, diagnosing hearing loss, and providing available solutions, our specialist helps with providing the best in hearing healthcare to The Villages and Ocala.
Do you have a hearing loss that needs to be evaluated by a professional?
Recognize the onset of hearing loss by asking yourself the following questions:
• Do you have a problem hearing over the telephone?
• Do you avoid crowded places because of difficulty hearing conversations?
• Do you have dizziness, pain, or ringing in your ears?
• Have others told you that you don’t seem to hear them?
• Do people complain that you turn the TV volume up too high?
• Do you frequently have to ask others to repeat themselves?
• Do you have to strain to understand conversations?
• Do you have trouble knowing where sounds are coming from?
• Do you have difficulty understanding women or young children?
• Do you hear better through one ear than the other when you are on the telephone?
If you answered yes to more than two of the above questions, or are over age 65 and have not had a hearing evaluation in the last three years, we encourage you to call and make a complimentary hearing evaluation with our hearing specialist. Please contact us today at (352)-622-5183 to schedule an appointment.
Why choose Ocala Eye for hearing aids?
• TRUST - You already have an established relationship with your Ocala Eye Doctor.
• CONVENIENCE - Professional services for vision and hearing all within one office
• FAMILIARITY - You see the same friendly faces and receive the high quality of care that you expect of Ocala Eye
Ocala Eyes full-service Hearing Department will provide you with professional help in customizing an affordable hearing solution that fits your lifestyle and expectations. From custom fit, to ready-to-wear models, your hearing aid from Ocala Eye will offer you the best in digital clarity, modern design, and all-day comfort.
“I didn’t think my hearing needed correction until I sat with our hearing specialist Kate Maen to review my results. Now with my custom fitted hearing aids, the change in sound clarity is truly remarkable.”
John S. Deaton, D.O.
Hearing Aid User
To learn more about hearing services or to schedule your appointment, call 352.622.5183 or